Thursday, October 18, 2007

Britney Spears on BBC?

news link

So I was trying to find a good topic to write on for my blog, and decided to puruse bbc.co.uk for a few good articles or any current events that I found interesting. However, on my quest for something good to write on, I found under "Other Top Stories" an article headed by, "Britney visitation rights halted." And in my mind, I thought, "why does a well recognized and renowned instiution such as the British Broadcasting Company care about what Britney Spears does with her life? I remember the days when I used to watch CNN because I felt that it carried the news that were "internationally sound" and told me about the events that local news stations failed to carry. However, as my Model United Nations teacher pointed out, CNN, after 9/11,started to lack in quality. Even the reporters somehow turned from intelligent news casters to extremely good looking blonde women ( so distracting, that sometimes I couldn't even focus on what she was saying because I was concentrating on her face.) So, I switched to BBC, thinking that things like that could have been avoided, especially since I happen to think International Stations and Newcasters do a better job reporting current events and global issues than American stations. When I saw the Britney Spears article, I literally said, "WTF" I guess the point I'm trying to make is that the while at first I thought that the media in the US was declining, I'm now seeing an overall decline in media all together. I purposely go to BBC and CNN to avoid reading ho-hum articles about movie stars and in general, ignorant people. So I guess I'm pissed, disappointed at the most, to see that my reliant sources have fallen to Hollywood media.

No comments: